The processing of personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest pursued by us in reference to the interaction and contractual relationship between You as a User and Us.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us via the sites provided contact form. The Policy describes the types of information we gather from Service Users, including people using our Services and from individual users (“you” or “users”) interacting with the Services, and how we use, transfer, and secure such information. By using any of the Services, you agree to be legally bound by this Policy. This Policy does not govern information we receive from third parties who are not Service Users. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, please do not use any of our Services. Each time you use our Services, the current version of this Policy will apply. Accordingly, when you use any of our Services, you should check the date of this Policy (which appears at the top) and review any changes since you last reviewed the Policy. If you continue to use the website after the changes have been enforced, we shall consider this a given consent and acceptance to the modified content. If you do not agree to the new modifications, please contact Us and request deletion of your personal data. Please, bear in mind that after the deletion of your data, third parties may continue to use the information made previously publicly available to them.
• ‘controller’ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; • ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person; • ‘processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction; • ‘controller’ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law; • ‘processor’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller; • ‘recipient’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing; • ‘third party’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorized to process personal data; • ‘consent’ of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject's wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her; • ‘personal data breach’ means a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed; • ‘participant’ means a natural or legal person, who has taken an interest in participating in the activity of Æternity by submitting a project or applying for research and development grants.
III. Types of Data We Collect Æternity may collect two types of data from users of our Services: “Data provided by you” which is information used in sections „Submit Your Project“ and „Apply for Research and Development Grant“ and “Additional data we receive about you” which is data that is generate from using our Services, which data we store and process. The latter one is subject of the Cookies Policy, available on the website: https://aeternity-foundation.org.
◦ Data provided by you:
◦ Æternity collects data you voluntarily provide to us in order to use our Services, including our Site, Platform and App. You provide us with answers to prior set of questions, which are essential for our overall assessment and approval of your projects.
The personal data in section „Submit Your Project“ include:
• Who are you? In this part, participants shall have to introduce themselves and their teams if present. They may include their GitHub, LinkedIn profile and personal website.
• What is your project about? In this part, every participant shall describe his project with a few sentences including the subject matter, the purposes and goals and significance of the project.
• Include additional material. If applicable, participants submit the project website, video material, GitHub repo, a white paper, art-/ design portfolio or any kind of representation that gives us a better understanding of their idea.
• Why Æternity? For us it is important to know why participants have chosen æternity crypto foundation.
• How can the Æternity crypto foundation support you? In this part, participants shall describe what kind of resources they need and the approximate funding needed for the realization of their project.
• Your contact details The personal data in section „Apply for Open Research and Development Grant“ include:
• Who are you? In this section, we expect a brief introduction by participants. We recommend the sending of an intro video, which is not obligatory in any case. If applicable, participants can include their GitHubq LinkedIn profile, personal website.
• What keeps you up at night? In this section, the purpose of the question is to describe the research matter or development project participants would like to work on.
• Which result do you expect?
• How can the æternity crypto foundation support you? In this part, participants shall describe what kind of resources they need and the approximate funding needed for the realization of their project. The approximate time-range of the research shall be mentioned also.
Please, bear in mind that we are not responsible for the submitted content. You are solely responsible for the personal data you share with us in connection to the filling of either/ both of the Sections.
We at our own discrepancy evaluate the answers to the above-mentioned questions and decide which participant we shall support and/or fund. Participants and third parties agree that they cannot exercise their right to dispute or litigate in any way the choices made by Aeternity in connection to the above-mentioned decisions.
These are all stored in order to evaluate your presentation, make a decision whether to support in any way the project you describe and to contact you with the decisions made.
In connection to your use of the website, you have the possibility to provide any personal data you desire, which inevitably leads to your identification. Please, note that this information providence depends solely on your decision. Third parties (including other participants) may use your information due to the fact that the information may be publicly announced in connection to the above-mentioned purposes and choices of the Foundation. Please note that We are not liable for the use of your personal data by third parties, which is made publicly available by You. You are solely responsible for the additional information, provided by You freely and voluntarily to third parties and other participants in any way.
◦ Additional data we receive about you:
Additional data may be collected when you use our Services independent of any information you voluntarily enter.
▪ Log information: When you use our Services, some data is automatically collected. Such data could include your computer's Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that provides an address for your computer), operating system, type and language, device identifier numbers, and the time and date of your use. ▪ Data related to your use of the mobile application: For your further notice: Aeternitys mobile applications may automatically collect certain Additional data related to your use of the mobile application. Such data may include the date and time of your visit, the phone network associated with your mobile device, your mobile device’s operating system or platform, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID and the features of our mobile application you accessed.
• Analytics information We use third party solutions to gather and aggregate analytical data in order to improve the performance, marketing efforts and quality of our services. The main third party solutions, which are in use, include Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. All of the third party solutions adhere to the latest data protection laws and best practices. More information you can find in our Cookies Policy: See cookie notification, to be check-marked.
IV. Legal basis for processing the data • You agree and give your explicit consent to the Company so the latter can request, collect, use, administrate and operate Participant’s personal data for the purpose of providing our services in accordance to Company’s policies and Company’s applicable laws and regulations. We collect, process, transfer and store personal data solely in connection to your consent and to the legitimate interest arising from the relationship between the Participants and us. • In case We intend to use Your personal data for a purpose other than the initial one you have agreed to, We shall provide the data subjects with prior to the actions information and We shall not use the data without Your explicit consent, regarding the new purpose.
V. Purposes for data collection Your data is collected for the following purposes:
• For registration and submission of projects in connection to the services, provided by Aeternity Crypto Foundation • For the providence of services by Aeternity Crypto Foundation • For correspondence purposes in connection to the services of Aeternity Crypto Foundation • For receipt of presentations and information for the services and products of Aeternity Crypto Foundation • For advertising purposes by receiving advertisement materials for the services and products of Aeternity Crypto Foundation
VI. Your rights: You have the right to:
• Request from us access to the personal data that we hold about you in a portable format. • Request from us correction of any collected personal data. The information may include only the subject of your personal data collection. • Receive a copy of your personal data in electronic format. • “The right to be forgotten”- you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data at any time where the retention of such data infringes relevant legislation. • Receive information from Us about Our activities in connection to your personal data, including the purposes of collection and storage, the period of time for storage, the methods of collecting, the presence of automated processing. • Receive your data and transfer them to another administrator. • Delete your account at any time. • You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you considers that there is personal data breach. VII. How can you exercise your rights?
To exercise your rights you can always contact by filling out the contact form on the website.
Provided you want to receive information on how you can manage your account information, you can always contact us by filling out the contact form on the website.
VIII. Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
◦ We may transfer Personal Information to third parties for providing the Services. We may disclose Personal Information to our appropriate affiliates, including third party service providers, to provide you with the Services. For example, we may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers to communicate with third party services regarding requests you have made through the Services. These third party service providers are not authorized to retain, share, store or use the Personal Information for any purposes other than to provide the services they have been hired to provide. We do not sell trade or otherwise share Personal Information with third parties for the marketing purposes of the third party.
◦ We may also elect to transfer your Personal Information to third parties under special circumstances:
a. to comply with a legal requirement, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Æternity or its affiliates,
(ii) to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft;
(iii) to Public Authorities in accordance with their legal obligation for the exercise of their official mission, such as tax and customs authorities, financial investigation units, independent administrative authorities, or financial marker authorities responsible for supervision of securities markets;
(iv) in connection with the sale, purchase, business transition under any form, merger, dissolution, reorganization, liquidation of Æternity; We may have to disclose the information You have given us to the successor, who is part of the transition,
(v) when we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Æternity or other persons, or a. as otherwise required or permitted by law, including any contractual obligations of Æternity.
IX. The right to be forgotten
Every user can practice his right to be forgotten. If you want to be forgotten, you have to follow the below mentioned steps: by filling out the contact form on the website.
X. Children and Privacy
◦ Our Services are not directed towards children, and you may not use them if you are under the age of 16. ◦ For children under 16, data processing is lawful if the child’s parent or guardian gives consent.
◦ We are not liable in any way if you provide false information about your age or the consent given by parents or guardians.
Х. Third party partners
• Google Analytics
• Google Tag Manager
• Time period for personal data storage
We retain your data for as long as the procedures for approval are active or while the data are needed for providing you with our services. We may hold on to your data for extended periods of time in order to comply with laws, legal requests, governmental investigations, or investigations of possible violations of our terms and policies, or otherwise prevent harm.
Each time you use our Services, the current version of the Policy will apply. When you use any of our Services, you should check of this Policy and review any changes since the last version. Unless stated otherwise, our current Policy applies to all information that we have about you.
XII. Breach measures In case of personal data breach, We will undertake every possible action in an appropriate and timely manner, to avoid any material or non-material damage to the data subjects. Breaches in the security may include identity theft, identity fraud, limitation of rights, unauthorised access to your account, loss of confidentiality of personal data, etc. As soon as the controller becomes aware of the breach, Participants and the competent authorities will be notified immediately. You may be asked to follow certain instructions for prevention of breaches.
XIII. How Do I contact Æternity?
To contact us with your questions or comments regarding this Policy or the information collection and dissemination practices of Æternity relevant to your use of the Services, please contact us by filling out the contact form on the website.